Kozienice Power Plant, Poland
Location: Kozienice, Poland
With a capacity of 1,075 MW, the new building of unit 11 at the location in Kozienice is the largest block-unit power station fueled with carbon in Europe, and globally one of the most modern of its kind. Massive reinforced concrete parts are fabricated for the shell construction at the turbine foundation.
In parallel with the new construction of unit 11, the existing infrastructure of the Kozienice power plant is also modernized. For example, the units 1-8 are equipped with new flue gas desulfurization.
- Adjustment to the complex building structure
- Transfer of high loads from great heights, in combination with highest safety and quality requirements
- 5.5-m thick base plate
- Massive columns and beams
- 3.30-m thick foundation slab at a height of more than 20 m
- Tight time schedule for shell construction on the turbine structure
Polimex-Mostostal S.A. / IDS-BUD S.A. (New building unit 11)
Instal Kraków S.A. / Kaefer SA, Polaniec (Modernization of infrastructure)
Supervisor, Polimex-Mostostal S.A. / IDS-BUD S.A.
One of the most important criteria was the tight schedule for the structural work required on the turbine building. The tremendous commitment shown by the PERI project team as well as the professional processing and materials provision made compliance possible.
Site Manager, Instal Kraków S.A. / Kaefer SA, Polaniec
For rapid realization of the project, we found the right scaffolding provider in PERI. PERI Poland demonstrated great commitment during the technical and logistical support.
- PERI shoring combinations adjusted to the complex building geometry for the transfer of high loads allow for the efficient fabrication of the massive reinforced concrete parts needed in power plant construction.
- Modular-type support systems allow for the adjustment to the complex building structure.
- Complete formwork and scaffolding solution, fully tailor-made to the stringent cycles of the fabrication process with very short execution deadlines.
- Shoring concept worked out in every detail from a combination of MULTIPROP shoring towers, HD 200 heavy-duty props and VARIOKIT heavy-duty towers.
- Safe working platforms at heights up to 30 m are created with the PERI UP Flex modular scaffolding system in order to execute the insulation work.
For more information on used products please visit the subsidiary website